Website by RealTyme Engineering, SLC, UT
Copyright PFLAG SLC
What do you think of our new website? We want your suggestions on what would be helpful to YOU in our LGBTQ community.
Send us an email at... email@example.com
Give Us Your Input!
SALT LAKE CITY 2014 Undergraduate Scholarship
PFLAG Salt Lake City is excited to present $1000 scholarships to matriculated college students and/or high school graduates entering college for the 2015 /2016 academic year. Applications are due by Friday, June 26, 2015. Awards will be announced by Friday, July 31, 2015
You must be a Utah resident. You must identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Transgender or Ally and who have not previously received the award.
You must be attending or accepted to an accredited Utah college or university.
What are the Requirements?
1. Submit a completed scholarship application form on or before Friday, June 26, 2015.
2. Include two letters of recommendation - one from an academic source. The envelope must be sealed and signed over the closure by the professor or counselor making the recommendation and mailed to the P. O. Box listed below.
3. Include a two-page essay, double spaced in 12 pt. using Arial font, in which you specifically
a) describe relevant, specific ways that you have supported the LGBT community by your involvement in events, activities or groups in a reader-friendly manner. Provide an example(s) of your experience(s).
b) address how your experience embraces the PFLAG vision and mission.
What is PFLAG?
Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender & Queer Persons is a non- profit organization. PFLAG strives to follow its mission and promote its vision as we work within the community of Salt Lake City and throughout the state of Utah.
PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer persons and their families and friends through:
- support to cope with an adverse society
- education to enlighten an ill-informed public and,
- advocacy to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.
PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
1. Submit the completed application form and essay no later than than June 26, 2015 by email or USPS
2. Submit the letters of reccommendation no later than June 26, 2015 by USPS ONLY
->> Email address ... firstname.lastname@example.org ... with attn: scholarship committee in subject line
->> USPS Mail to...
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 520434;
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
Questions? Send them to email@example.com
Click to view and Download Form
Print the scholarship application using the standard PDF options in the lower LH corner of the document. A PDF editor is required to modify the form and return by email